Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fall Style Essentials: Transition Outfits

It's September!!! Even though it is still like 80 outside I am so excited that September and fall weather should be shortly arriving.  But like Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back so life is good again (am I right?) 

While the weather is still fairly warm for the foreseeable future I'll probably be rocking transition outfits, aka clothes that make me think fall, but let's be real these outfits are totally summer appropriate too so really I'm just trying to trick myself into thinking the weather is cooler...


My favorites for this type of weather are dresses and skirts here are a few ways you can recreate my favorite transition outfits! 

The Striped Dress



I probably have about 5 or 6 versions of a stripped dress in my closet.  I think these are so universally flattering and easy to wear.  I would wear this look to work, Sunday Brunch, or a casual day shopping.  While it's still warm you can swap out the flats for sandals for an even more casual look, and as the weather gets colder throw on some boots or booties instead! 

Shop my favorite stripped dresses below


Shop my shoes from this look below (and similar)


The LBD

I don't know why but I personally think LBD's make great transition pieces.  Probably because I find the lack of color great for feeling like Fall is upon us (something about the lack of color maybe...).  In all fairness I do wear LBDs year round but I feel like I reach for them much more during the warmer fall months.  Again you can make this outfit work in cooler weather by throwing on boots and a coat.  Great for work, going out to dinner, or anywhere.  

My Favorite LBD's on the market

The Classic (and vague) Shirt/Skirt Combo
I swear this was one my go to combos back in college during the warm fall months.  It's so simple yet classic that it works year after year.  Again throw on a change of shoes or outerwear as the weather changes (I must sounds like a broken record here), plus you can change out your shirt and skirt combos and mix and match, throw in deeper tones ect. to make this simple combo work throughout the fall months.

Favorite Shirts

Favorite Skirts 



No comments:

Post a Comment