Thursday, March 3, 2016

Colourpop Review and Favorites


I am slowly turning into a makeup junkie of sorts (It is making Sephora quite dangerous to walk near), and as such I had been dying to try out Colourpop after hearing so many rave reviews about the brand, especially considering their super affordable price point. Here are my overall thoughts:

These shadows are super neat.  Their formulation is unique, being very soft and super creamy.  They make great bases and great pops of color on they eye.  My only complaint is that their formula makes it difficult to apply with most makeup brushes (the ones I have that work best are from Japonesque) so to get the best color pay off I have to use my fingers (which can get messy).  I have the first KathleenLights Collab (Where the Light Is), the KaePop Collab and a few regular shadows.  Each of these being $5, my personal opinion is that these are totally worth the money! 
My top favorite colors are: Beverly, Central Perk, Crenshaw, LaLa, Puppy Love, Weenie and Wilshire


 The formula of these is amazing!  Super creamy and long wearing, not drying at all, though they do transfer quite a bit.  The color selection is great and I swear I've been reaching for Lumiere and Aquarius everyday (also odd, but my Aquarius smells like cake, none of my other Lippie Stix do, but Aquarius does).   Again at $5 totally worth it. 
My favorites: Aquarius, Frenchie, and Lumiere.  Bitchette is much darker on my lips than it looks in this photo


These are a matte liquid lipstick.  The formula is long wearing, and slightly drying (but really all liquid lipsticks are).  While these aren't my favorite formula (those are Kat Von D's) again at $6 these are pretty good!
I prefer Midi over Beeper, as Midi is a nude on me while Beeper is a bit too dark for my pale skin for daily wear 

 These highlighters are intense!  They blend out well, but they are certainly on the shimmery glow side.  I would say these are more intense than Hourglass, less intense than TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer.  They are somewhat similar to Becca Highlighters in intensity (Fanny Pack is very close to Becca Pearl).  Their formulation again is creamy and easily blendable.  Similar to the eyeshadows these apply best with fingers.   
 

My favorite of these is Smoke n' Whistles 
**Also if you like the look of Fanny Pack I recommend grabbing it quickly because Colourpop will be discontinuing it**



Overall I would say I am a huge fan of Colourpop and definitely recommend checking out their products. 

1 comment:

  1. If you are ever going to sell any of your colourpop shadows, let me know! I am very interested! :)

    ReplyDelete