Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Traditions

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!  One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is spending time with family.  My family has many traditions that make this time of year special.  Here are a few of my favorite tradtions:

1. Baking!
My family loves to bake during this time of year.  My favorite treats to bake are peppermint bark, Christmas cookies (my family has a special recipe we've been using my whole life) and gingerbread (cakes and cookies).  On Christmas morning we also always make croissants and French toast.  Baking is a great way to spend time with family and make your whole house smell yummy!  

2. Decorating the House 
My family has loads of decorations we like using to make the house feel festive.  While we don't have boughs of Holly there is plenty of ornaments, garland, and holiday cheer!  We decorate our tree every year, pull out our snow village and throw up stocking and more holiday cheer throughout the house.  When doing so we also put on our nutcracker soundtrack to make the house feel more jolly!

3. Christmas Music
There's nothing quite like Christmas music to get you in the holiday spirit.  My favorites are "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey and the Michael Buble Christmas Album.

4. Christmas Movies
No Holiday in my household would be complete without plenty of Christmas movies!  Time to cue Love Actually, Elf, and all the old Disney Chanel original features from my childhood!

What are some of your favorite Holiday Traditions 

No comments:

Post a Comment