Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas Eve.  So far I have spent the morning watching Christmas movies and baking (peppermint bark and gingerbread cookies!) I love making peppermint bark because it is such an easy recipe.  All You need is 4 bars of chocolate (I use 2 dark chocolate bars and 2 white chocolate bars, both Ghirardelli brand) and candy canes or peppermint.  Melt down the dark chocolate into a large pan on wax paper and let cool.  Then melt down the white chocolate and pour on top of the cooled dark chocolate (TIP: make sure the dark chocolate is completely change cooled to ensure the white and dark are separate layers, unless you want to mix the two chocolates together.  Finally sprinkle crushed peppermint on top.  I usually put roughly five average sized candy canes in a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin to crush the candy canes up into little pieces.  And voila peppermint bark.  I also made gingerbread cookies off of this recipe with cream cheese Kahlua frosting (Yum!).

Gingerbread Cookies and Chocolate Bark 

Finally for last minute Christmas shopping I wore this outfit out and about.  The shoes I purchased for sorority recruitment  but to me scream "there is no place like home for the holidays!"  
I hope you all had a merry Christmas Eve and a great day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment